This week’s picks are:
- Container logs to AWS Elasticsearch
- CloudFront now provides granular geotargeting
- Amazon Detective enhances VPC flow logs visibility
To learn more about all the latest updates from AWS visit: https://aws.amazon.com/new/
Container logs to AWS Elasticsearch
Using Fluent Bit you can now stream your ECS or EKS container logs to Elasticsearch. ECS users need to integrate FireLens interface into their task definition whereas EKS customers can launch Fluent Bit DaemonSet to route container logs to Elasticsearch.
CloudFront now provides granular geotargeting
AWS CloudFront now supports additional geolocation headers which can be forwarded to your origin to personalise user experience. Few of the newly supported geolocation headers supported:
- CloudFront-Viewer-Country-Name: India
- CloudFront-Viewer-Postal-Code: 395007
- CloudFront-Viewer-Time-Zone: Asia/Kolkatta
- CloudFront-Viewer-Latitude: 21.19800
- CloudFront-Viewer-Longitude: 72.83000
Using these additional headers you can heavily personalise the content you deliver to your users. For example, you can use postal code header to fetch local ads, load page in the local language or display local climate on the basis of latitude and longitude.
Amazon Detective enhances VPC flow logs visibility
Amazon Detective makes it easy for your team to quickly find the root cause of a security threat or suspicious activity. Other AWS services like GuardDuty, Macie and other partner security products let you determine potential security issue but does not let you dig deep in the issue. Performing RCA on a security finding can be very tedious and time-consuming work, Amazon Detective simplifies the process by creating a unified, interactive view of your resources, users, and the interactions between them over time.
Amazon Detective now supports examining VPC flow logs which can answer your security team questions such as:
- What port or network service was in use at that time?
- Were any large data transfers involved?
- Was the traffic allowed by my Security Groups?
That’s all for now. Stay tuned to learn more about new weekly releases/updates by AWS. ✌️